ancient-wisdom.co.uk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Add to the Top-50 stones page...

2 posters

Go down

Add to the Top-50 stones page... Empty ancient construction techniques

Post  English-Al. Thu Jan 15, 2009 1:50 am

Thanks for your posts. Nice to have you here..

I havent had the pleasure of peru yet, but as you say, the pictures of pre-columbian masonry show the same features as in Egypt (which i have been to). It has always struck me how identical the construction techniques were.

Although there is an argument that they were simply doing these things the best way one could, one has to ask WHY they were so extreme in their activities.. Along with the issue of cyclopean masonry, on both sides of the world, the same embossed markings were left on otherwise finished stones and the style of masonry 'irregular polygons', is identical too... It seems to me a reasonable conclusion that the stone itself may have been worshipped, or perhaps the act of carving it held a special significance (It is interesting that all the sites which do show such masonry are invariably 'sacred'.. )

As im sure your aware.. I have started a page on similar construction techniques from around the ancient world: http://www.ancient-wisdom.co.uk/constructiontechniques.htm

Look forward to hearing more from you in the future...Did you get any interesting pics from Peru...?

All the best.. AL.

English-Al.
Admin

http://www.ancient-wisdom.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Add to the Top-50 stones page... Empty Re: Add to the Top-50 stones page...

Post  Acolyte Wed Jan 14, 2009 4:09 am

Add to the Top-50 stones page... Sac8_mpl_8d

You have to wonder just how one could do those corners... you need to keep in mind that the builders of Sacsayhuaman may not have had steel.

I've been to Peru - one thing the guides & books DON'T mention but you can see if you look at the pictures - like Egypt, the constructions using the HUGE blocks is the oldest. In Peru, the Inca constructions are actually not very good - Macchu Pichu shows large blocks in the base levels with smaller & sometimes not even shaped, bricks above - it is obvious the Inca built on someone else's superior works.

as I say, you see it in Egypt as well - the oldest people built with 100 tonne or larger blocks & no decoration - later peoples built with smaller (though still impressive) blocks & insisted in putting names & records on them. I figure if you can build a temple (or whatever the purpose of it was) out of 200 tonne blocks, you probably aren't real worried about whether you'll be remembered.

Acolyte

Back to top Go down

Add to the Top-50 stones page... Empty Yonaguni

Post  Acolyte Wed Jan 14, 2009 3:46 am

Add to the Top-50 stones page... Yonaguni_572

About halfway down on the right is a pic of the major sector of this part of the Yonaguni discoveries. Note there are now a lot more sites in the area with significant anomalies. But even this one would seem to defy the 'it's natural' explanation - it is hard to imagine any natural processes that can carve so many stright lines & precise angles on different sides of the same outcrop - tides would seem to work on either the seaward OR the landward sides, not both.

Acolyte

Back to top Go down

Add to the Top-50 stones page... Empty Add to the Top-50 stones page...

Post  English-Al. Sun Dec 21, 2008 6:43 am

If you know of any megalihs that should be on the Top-50 stones page... please let us know here (With references please)

English-Al.
Admin

http://www.ancient-wisdom.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Add to the Top-50 stones page... Empty Re: Add to the Top-50 stones page...

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down